Negotiating a Copper and Resource Decline, Asia and Astronomy Beckon
H.E Christian Rehren
You can share this podcast by copying this HTML to your clipboard and pasting into your blog or web page.
Ambassador of Chile to Malaysia H.E. Christian Rehren discusses:
- The Malaysia-Chile Free Trade Agreement - Trade value - breakdown;
- Talks on services and investments - commencement - two years implementation of the Trade in Goods Agreement;
- Copper - salmon - wine - as among Chile's biggest industries;
- Chile - Malaysia trade currently favors Chile -- reasons - trade balance - outlook;
- Chile - strongest sovereign bond rating in South America - issues;
- Global Competitiveness Report - Chile; - FTAs - abundance - issues;
- Rule-based countercyclical fiscal policy - reasons - issues;
- Chile - world’s top producer of copper - issues;
- Double-edged sword - over-reliance; - Copper as economic mainstay;
- Global demand - prices - downturn;
- Plunging gold prices not helping - help reduce cash costs of mining copper - double whammy;
- Economic outlook - Chile - copper prices continue declines;
- Oversupply: huge concern; - Resource boom - cost inflation - declining competitive advantage - social frisson - Gini Coefficient;
- Investment in astronomy - historical reasons - innovation - research.
This and more than 60,000 other podcasts in your hand. Download the all new BFM mobile app.