Which Banks are Best - Local or Regional?
You can share this podcast by copying this HTML to your clipboard and pasting into your blog or web page.
Desmond Chng, analyst at Maybank Investment Bank talks about:
- How would you rate the ability of the corporate sector to pick up slack in consumer loans?
- Report mentioned that 2013 saw local banks outperform their regional peers on a relative basis, due to volatility in Indonesia and Thailand - but how did our banks perform versus Singapore?
- As much of this outperformance has been reflected in the premium valuations of the local banking sector relative to its regional peers, perhaps better off looking at banks in the region instead? if so, which country?
- What would drive faster loan growth for the big six banks this year?
- Two standalones left in investment banking space. Who’d have the pockets for M&A, and any potential strategic advantage to be gained from these specific targets?
- Top picks?
BFM's Khoo Hsien Chun speaks with him.
This and more than 60,000 other podcasts in your hand. Download the all new BFM mobile app.