Understanding The Rise In Suicide Cases
Victor Tan, Deputy Chairman, Befrienders KL | Linnet Lee, CEO, FPAM | Evelyn Soong, Clinical Psychologist | Professor Datuk Noor Aziah Mohd Awal, Children’s Commissioner, SUHAKAM
You can share this podcast by copying this HTML to your clipboard and pasting into your blog or web page.
Recent reports indicate a worrying increase in the number of suicide cases, with the police revealing that 468 cases were recorded in the first five months this year. We first take a look at the situation on the ground with Befrienders. Next, we explore how recent financial difficulties have been contributing to the situation. Finally, we look into why it's important for us to have a National Suicide Registry.
If you would like to speak to someone, you can contact:
- Befrienders: 03-76272929 (or email them at email@example.com), 24/7 hotline
- Mercy Malaysia's Psychological First Aid (PFA) Hotline: 03-29359935
- 8.00AM - 5.00PM from Mondays to Fridays
- 8.00AM - 1.00PM on Saturdays
- Mental Health Psychosocial Support Service (MHPSS): 03-29359935 or 014-3223392
- Talian Kasih: 15999, or WhatsApp 019-2615999
Image Source: Matthew Henry, Unsplash
Produced by: Loo Juosie, Azlyna Mohd Noor, Adeline Choong, Alia Zefri
Presented by: Sharmilla Ganesan, Lee Chwi Lynn
Download the BFM mobile app. Stay at home and stay up-to-date.